East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire) has teamed up with Inspiring Governance to encourage more local professionals from the world of work to become school governors across the region.
Supporting school governance is a win-win opportunity for businesses in the East Midlands. There are huge benefits to our organisations, our employees and our community by placing professionals in leadership positions in schools. Staff gain professional skills and experience that will help them at work and in their career. Organisations benefit from free workforce development by developing their professional skills in strategic planning, teamwork, influencing, communication, financial management, and much more.Enquire about signing up your business
We see this as the perfect opportunity to:
- Bridge the gap between East Midlands employers and local schools
- Provide free “real world” CPD opportunities across the workforce
- Improve the quality of leadership on our governing boards
- Influence the development of work ready skills for school leavers
- Endow local professionals with a meaningful way to “give back”
Inspiring Governance provides free, expert support for volunteers and governing boards, as well as for employers wanting to run programmes for their staff serving as governors.
Through Inspiring Governance your staff can:
- Connect with local schools and colleges via our easy-to-use website.
- Use the Inspiring Governance mapping tool to view available vacancies near them and express an interest.
- Once appointed, receive free expert support and training from the National Governance Association (NGA).