Supporting school governance gives employers the opportunity to:
· Build links with your local communities
· Make a real impact in schools
· Develop your workforce for free
· Influence and engage your future talent pipeline
· Increase staff motivation
· Improve recruitment and retention
· Support your diversity and CSR agendas
· Quick and easy to implement
Few other volunteer roles are likely to be as challenging and rewarding.
Lord Agnew, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the School System said:
”I would like to thank all businesses, charities, and public organisations that support school and academy governance, and all individuals themselves who give up their free time. There has never been a more important time for UK plc to support the next generation of school students who (when they leave) will become the employers and employees of the future”.