The Charity Education and Employers has signed the Armed Forces Covenant to pledge our support to those who serve or have served, their families and the wider Armed Forces community. Click here to see our PDF leaflet
We are an Armed Forces friendly employer and as part of this, we recognise there are key service personnel and family members, with a wide variety of skills and experience, who could contribute significantly to schools and outcomes for young people, as well as benefiting from the CPD opportunity themselves.
We believe that these unique skills could be of great benefit to school governing boards and invite members of the Armed Forces community to consider signing up to our Inspiring Governance service.
Benefits of being a school governor are significant for:
· those preparing to leave the Armed Forces as they transition to employment in civilian life
· those whose units are not on active duty looking for community involvement opportunities
· partners looking for an opportunity to develop skills
· those utilising STEM subjects in their role
· members of the civilian workforce looking for career development.
Our offer to Armed Forces Communities
We want to make sure any volunteer placed through us becomes a great governor. That means providing support once they’ve started. Each new Inspiring Governance appointee will receive:
- A complimentary copy of the induction guide Welcome to Governance, produced by the National Governance Association
- Access to our resources page with handy links to key documents, research and resources from the NGA, Education and Employers and the DfE designed to support the governance role
- If aged under 40 then matched volunteers are able to join the National Governance Association’s Young Governor Network
The skills-set, training and leadership gained throughout Service life is directly transferable to this worthwhile role. It’s immensely enjoyable and hugely rewarding; there can be no better way to serve your community!’’
Our specialist team can meet with people who are interested in a more strategic approach across the Armed Forces Communities. To find out more, simply contact our Head Office for details of how we can help.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or phone 020 7566 4880.