When you find a governor or trustee role through Inspiring Governance , you will have access to free support and training provided by the National Governance Association (NGA), the leading independent charity that supports and promotes good governance in schools.
NGA’s support and expert guidance is free for 12 months. It’s designed to help you feel confident and capable in your new role, and give you the essential knowledge and skills to govern effectively.
You will receive:
- A complimentary copy of an NGA induction guide – Welcome to Governance or Welcome to a Multi Academy Trust (dependent on school type);
- Access to NGA’s extensive online guidance centre containing a wealth of governance resources;
- Dedicated telephone and email support – staffed by professional advisers – to walk you through your first year;
- NGA’s weekly e-newsletter featuring the latest education news and policy updates;
- A monthly ‘hot topics’ email designed especially for new governors and trustees;
- Access to eight CPD accreditted, e-learning induction modules on NGA Learning Link:
- Governance: roles and responsibilities
- Your organisation: curriculum and school structures
- Strategy: vision and values
- Progress and attainment: understanding schools structures
- Resources: finance and staffing
- Working Together: building the team
- Compliance: statutory responsibility and risk
- Effectiveness: making an impact and changing lives;
There are also two bite-size modules that volunteers can take;
– Arts & Cultural Education
- If you are aged under 40, membership of the Young Governors’ Network.
This support and training is designed to complement local and face-to-face training which will be provided by your school as part of your induction.
Find out more about the support available.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7566 4880.